Saturday, January 15, 2011

Card Creations & More by C Challenge #1

Today is challenge #1 over Card Creations & More by C. The challenge is Anything
but a card. I decided to make piggy banks for my kids. The kicker here is
they do NOT get the money. I know sad for them , but yay for me
and the hubby. Everyday we are putting a $1 in each of their
banks. Then that is the money that we will use to buy their Christmas
presents this coming year. I hate the feeling of trying to come up with
the money around Christmas time. This will be better since it will
already be there. Its not all coming out of our bank at once. :)
So I made these from empty drink mix containers I had around the
house. Here they are before the transformation.
OK for my big boy Daniel, he dreams of baseball 24/7. So I used Sports Mania
cartridge to cut the saying Baseball is life. I finally used my I rock to put the 3 orange
rhinestones down plus the blue rhinestones for the dots of my
i's. I used the present border punch from Martha Stewart for my
bottom border. I added orange stickles to the ribbon on the presents.
The baseball was hand made. I used my Stampin up circle punch
and added some stitching.
For Isabella I had to put something princess on
hers. I think I gave birth to a real princess. She wakes up every
morning and goes and grabs her tiara and wears it all day long.
It does not come off till she is getting into bed. hehe this
girl cracks me up. I put used Martha stewart border punches
again for the top and bottom decorations. The tiara is cut from
Twinkle Toes. The little girl is cut from the same
cartridge. I then made a banner sign and stamped a Pink
By Design stamp saying Sweet n Sassy on it.
And the last one is for my baby girl Alexie. She is
such a sweet and mellow baby girl. The two border
punches are also from Martha Stewart. The toy cut is from the
B is for Boy lite cartridge. The sentiment baby is from Papertrey Ink. Enjoy.
Supplies Used:
Sports Mania cricut cartridge
Twinkle Toes cricut cartridge
B is for Boy cricut lite cartridge
Martha Stewart border punches
Pink by Design stamps
Papertrey Ink Stamps

3 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE piggy banks!!!

Unknown said...

Great idea, love them!! Frea

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is a fabulous idea!! I usually start shopping in Jan. I buy a few things a month (usually as they are on sale) so I am done by Dec and I can save that month for family and crafts but now that my kids are into playing hide n seek, they are finding things that I have hidden. I am making some of these today so I can have my hiding spaces back to store my craft stuff! TFS!
http://my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com

>